26 October, 2008


Azul's birthday is on October 31st. 
 He will be seven years old!

1- How many days he has been alive? Use your estimation skills.

2- What do you think he wishes for on his B-day? 

3- Azul observes Dia de los Muertos. 
  Go ahead and click on the link above. What did you learn? 


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Azul has been alive for 2'555 days.I think that Azul would want a big ball of cheese and a giant bone with a cheese flaver on it!I learned that day of the dead is celibrated between October 31st
and November 2!Day of the dead is when people in Mexico celibrate a day of there deceased loved ones!The people dress up in costumes and have parades on De de los muertos!

Anonymous said...

I think that Azul has been alive for 2,555 days.

I think Azul wishes for a great big juicy steak and a big dog bone and a whole bunch of chew toys.

I think that: Dia de los Muertos means Day of the Dead when people dress up in costumes and have a party like a parade or something like that.

Anonymous said...

1. My estimation is 2,800 because I took 365 and made it 400.Then,I figured out 400*7=2,800.

2. I think Azul will want a big doggy peanut buttery dog bone because he loves peanutbutter.

3. I learned that Mexicans decorate sugar skulls. I also
a colerful and joyful holiday. This holiday means day of the dead.

Anonymous said...

DEAR AZUL, Happy happy birthday! Today is halloween--- BOO! and your birthday-- yeah! Your 7th party and birthday.
You have been alive for 2800 days.

I think you want a bro or a sis.

Anonymous said...

1.I think Azul has been alive for 2'555 days. 2.I think Azuls wish was a enormous peace of cheese becuse I know that he likes cheese and a enormous peanut butter dog treat becuse I know that he likes peanut butter and I like it to. 3.I learned that they also make elaborated decorated altars (sometimes called ofrendas) in the homes to welcome the spirits.

Anonymous said...

1.Azul has been alive for 2800
days.2.What I think Azul would like some booty's so his little feety's don't get cold.Or maybe even a humungo peace of...CHEESE because I know Azul loves cheese!
3.I learned that some mexicans decreased their loved one's.I learned that "The Day of The Dead" is celebrated between October 31st and between November 2nd.

Anonymous said...

Azul has ben alive for 2800 days.
I think Azul just wants his parants for his birthday.
The day of the dead celebrates people who have died by cooking food making sugar skulls, and taking flowers to their gravesite so they can be remembered. I am so sorry for those who have died.

Anonymous said...

1- I estimate Azul has been alive for 2,800 days.
2- I think Azul wants a new toy a a new jucy bone that tastes like steak.
3- I learned that day of the dead means all the dead people's parents or there mom or dad has past away for a long time. I also think that day of the dead means that they selabrait about the not forgetting them.

Anonymous said...

1.Azul has ben alive for 2,800 days in dog years.
2. What I think Azul would want for his b-day is a big lick on meriahs face and penut buter cracers and chees bons because he loves penut buter,chees and liking meriahs face!
3.What I learned was the day ofthe dead is about loved ones that die. Hallaween is where they celebrate the day of the dead.

Anonymous said...

Dear 4th graders,

I wanted to thank you for sending me such a thoughtful card. It really brightened my day to read so many sweet messages from all of you. And to answer a few of your questions:

- Yes, I am thrilled to be having a boy!
- The baby is due on April 2nd (during Spring Break)
- His name is Kelton Morgan Kehl (his first name means, "Land of the Keels")

Again, thank you so much!!!

Love,
Mrs. Kehl

Anonymous said...

hey mrs.garcia!
i miss you and my classmates so much! I hope to see you soon!