06 December, 2010

Come Visit My Town!

One of our Literacy Teams worked very hard on trying to convince us to visit their town.

They created well-thought out maps, and brochures to make their town stand out.

Names of towns created by students:
Axton, by Maddie
Smore Fun! & Memories to Last! by Harmony
New Feinster by Chase
Happy Town by Josh
Sunshine City by Natalie
Monkeyville by Sydney

 


 


 


19 comments:

Emma Hamrick said...

I liked this project because the kids that already presented got to use ther imangenation to create a town they've been waiting to got to.
One feature my town would have is Billy Bob Joe Young coffee and candy shop. So each parenet and child can have fun in the same place.
I really liked Sydeny"s town because she didn't just come out of nowhere with the name Monkeyville she actally had a story about it. Also i wopuld like to live there because I know the town wouldn't go bank rupt. In conclusion that's a few things that I like about this project.

-Emma

Harm said...

Hey Ms.Garcia and class! 1.) What I liked most about this project was making your own unique town. It was really fun thinking about the town and what it would/will look like. 2.) One feature my town would have if I re did it was it would have a haunted house underwater in a swimming pool. Lots of people would FREAK!! 3.) I would like to make a comment to everyone in Maddie's group: Well done! You all did fantastic! Nice persuasion to getting people HOOKED on your town!

**ERIKA RARWR** said...

What i liked about this project is that there were some veary different things in each and every one of the projects.Also, one of the things/features that i would have in my project is there will be no rules and/or no laws in my town and there will be the fanciest resturant in town it would be called "The best fod of the day".The town that i liked is Joshes town because he had some different and uneqe and cool things in the town like for example:he had a fun house a candy shop,skate park and others.Also Josh was veary discriptive and convincing when he was presenting. thats whos town i liked.

--Janel-- said...

What I liked about all the projects is that how all of the presenters were so creative with thier titel names.
One feature that I might have in my town is rose town, because I know a lot of people that like roses and like to buy roses and if you go to my town their will be any color you want,any size,and any kind of smell you want your rose to smell like.
I have a comment and a question for the presenters. How did all of you guys come up with such creative names?
And my comment is I like how all of your maps are colorful.

AMAZING NATALIE said...

1.) What I liked about this project was that we got to come up with our own ideas for our own town!!!
2.) A feature that my town might have is whole building for skateboarding and bmx things for the boys and girls. You know that whole idea of skateboarding and bike and cool things like that!!
3.) Happy Town- Josh I like how you had the Candy Shop where you just dont have candy you have things like steak and I love steak. LOL

Sydney said...

1- What I liked about doing this mondo project was being able to see what actual map makers have to go through to make a map that millons of people would use.
2-One feature that I would add to my town would be a restraunt on one side for ALL kids and then on the other side for people 21 and over.
3- Harmony: I liked how you had another section of the city for bi lingual or multi lingual instead of having ot all sqished into 1. Also I liked how you color coded everything.
Josh: I liked how outside of your town the grass was dull but once you got inside your town the grass was bright green!
<3 Sydney

--Dezzi-- said...

1-What I like was that you were able to make up the town name and your own restraunts.
2- One thimg my toen might have is a Dezway reatruant.
3-What I like about SunShine City was that it had water parks open 24/7.

austin a said...

What I liked about Joshs Happy Town was that when you walked in you would be handed $100.Also there would be a immense 72in flat screen tv for the price of $10.finaly there would be a candy shop and a video game store.
Austin a

Ian said...

I liked how students got to choose their own town names,history,and stores.
My town would have mini submarines that can have mini nucleur torpedos operated by intelligent ants who know how to work the controls.

Nikki said...

does New Finster have a skate park,amusment park or any realy fun atractions?

Chessa said...

1. I liked this project because it gave the students in Maddie's group to use there creativity and learn more about maps.

2. The 1 feature I would have in my town is a restruant that the tables will be made out of trampolines and the chairs are made out of 4 1/2 feet beenbag chairs.

3. They all had wonderful presentations!!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

TYLER said... what i liked about this progect is that it brings creativity,think more on how they did,and how they make it better. One feuter that I might have if i had this asinment is i will have is a under ground fun place were theres a mall ,fo0od swimming and ect. like hourse back riding. Some comments that i have is do you have a mayor or presedent? Do you have a bank?Andect.like Goonther Toodey's?

CHASE said...

What I liked about this project is that I got to come up with my very own town and got to make it however I wanted it to be.

One feature my town has is Unimaginable Foods were we serve every food you could imagine.

Josh:Your town seems great but your prices are too low and your bills will be expensive so I think that you will become bankrupt.

Smart Megan D said...

Hello Mrs. G! :)
One thing I loved about this project is that you could make cool and creativefeatures and main attractionsfor your town and it gave you a chance to work all your tremendous idea's! One feature that Iwould make would be a Gourmet Chile Resturaunt becuse, a lot of people like spicy foods but if they don't we serve other sides like beans or buritos, and it would also be a life long family business for my family.
One comment I have for Chase is that I like how he was more old fashion than modern.One comment I have for Sydney is that I liked how she had a circus.(=unique!)
One comment i have for Harmony is that she had a jumping land.One comment I have for Natalie is that I liked her mansion. One comment I have for Joshis that I liked his candy shop. Last but not least one comment I have for Maddie is that iliked how she had the biggest mall in the world.
In conclusion that is what I like about this project and the comments for the people who did this project.

josh said...

I liked that we all got to share our ideas about a town that we would make. my town would have an outdoor mall like 16st. the next time we do this we should make our towns 3D.

Exited Jamie :) said...

I liked this project because I liked all the creativity that the kids made on their map. Also What I liked about their project was, they really added color to the brochure to. It pops out at you! Also the map had alot of color. One feature that my town would have is a restaurant called Minnie Mouse & Mickey Mouse Dinner you can meet Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse you can eat little chesses you can eat with then with extra charge also you can have a great time!!! Also a comment for their presentation is that I liked that Harm and Chase had a Church. In Harm's presentation you can eat brains, guts, zombie blood, & saliva. She had a hunted house that was awesome! That is my opinion about their projects/presentations.

Nikki said...

1. What i like about this project is that they get to use their imagination to make a town they like and othors will like.
2. There are a ton of feaures my town would have! But one of them would be a skateboard park mixed with an amusment park. The size of two football feilds.

Skittles said...

What I liked about this project is the fact you get to make YOUR own town and every thing about it. Also, it's our town and we get to pick which location it will be in. It was a blast!
One feature my town might have is putt-putt golf because there is glow-in-the-dark/cosmic golf and shooting ranges to practice. It is also a great way to spend time with the familia!

Natalie why is the gas so cheap? I bet you get alot of buisiness there. Wow chase why is the gate to the sea tops so tall?

WOW! WHAT A GREAT ECXPERIENCE!

$) The 6th Grade King $) said...

1. I like that they included the name of their town because the names of their towns were different and I have never heard town names like that before.

2. If I had my own town I would have the world’s largest, bounciest trampoline. I would have this because I love trampolines and I think everyone will enjoy it. Also, my trampoline is 300 yards tall and it is so long it would take up the whole Fitzmorris park!
3. My comment is:
All of the presenter had low prices and included what they had in their stores and what their store names were. I would want to visit every single town but I had to pick the best town! Nice job!! :)