What does it mean to have at least 2 weeks off from school?
Tell me and your classmates, in your opinion:
1-Why do we have winter break?
2-Does it help you in some way? Why or why not?
3- If you were a principal, how would you change "winter break"?
06 January, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



25 comments:
We have winter break because Christmas is in that week and the school thinks we should be able to have a few weeks to play with are presents and eat candy.
This helps me have some time off of school just to take a long needed break for Christmas.
If I was principal I would kids have a few days off before Christmas week such as only school on Monday and that’s day has barley any work,so teachers have TONS of time to decide on teachery things for the children.
1. I think we have winter break because it gives students a chance to take a longer break from school instead of a 2 day break. Also, to give the teacher a chance to do more planning for their students to do when they get back.
2. Yes, it helps me in the same way because it gives me a chance to plan on things that i want to achieve when I get back from break.
3. If I was the principal, I would change winter break by starting school in the second week of January. Except, the students would come back on that Monday of the second week, instead of Wednesday. I would also plan activities for the students to do if they don't have something to do at home. This would allow them to get exercise instead of watching T.V. and eating junk food. I would include lunch too.
Dear Ms. Garcia,
We have winter break to have a time to celebrate our winter holidays like Christmas or others. We also have this time to see family members like Grandparents or Aunt and Uncles. Also we get time to play in the freezing frozen ice called snow. We get time to play in it because it only comes once a year.
Winter break can be a time to mess around and to hang out with your family. It can also be a time to catch up on math like fractions or writing. What do you use winter break for? Winter Break could help you because it’s a time to catch up on anything school and your family. But some people take the time to play video games or something else unhealthy for your brain and body.
If I was a principal I would change winter break buy sending home weekly homework for students. So that people can keep study on school work. If I was a principal that’s what I would change. What would you change?
Love,
Emma
Dear Ms. Garcia,
1 why we have winter break is because we get time to celebrate the awsome holidays and get to be with our families and friends.
2 Winter break helps me come back to school with a fresh mind ready for math ect because of the time I have off.
3 If I were the principal I would change winter break by having a half day and a 1 hour free time so when we come back to school we will be happy.
Dear Ms. Garcia,
I think we have a winter break so we can spend holidays with our family. I know we still could be with our family, but on holidays we tend to stay up later witch will allow us to get less sleep.
Winter break could help us a little by allowing us more time to read than you normally do. We could also bond more with family members.
For example- My cousin is 15 and we met him last year on Christmas we haven’t seen him for 10 years, during break he stayed at our house and got to know us better.
If I were the principal I would change winter break by having winter break be a week and a half instead two weeks and a half. I think this would be better because we could more school time because CSAP is right around the corner.
Those are my reasoning’s about winter break.
1 We have winter break because we have to be home with our family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Also, we need to be with each other on New Year's Eve and day.
2 Yes, having a winter break helps me to relax and take a break from doing work. It gives you a chance to be yourself and focus on putting your crazy life back together!
3 If I were the principal I would change winter break by making it at least 2 1/2 weeks. I would do this because it would help with everything that I said in number 2.
The reason we have winter break is so we can spen the holidays with our family and friends , also so the teachers can get ready for the next trimester.
Yes winter break helps me in many ways. For example , I get to see my family for Christmas and New Years Eve and Day. I also get time to get ready for the new trimester and prepare myself because we are going to be picking up the pace this year in 6th grade. Also, I can take time to think about my New Years revalution for school , like my grades, behavior, and how I can help me and others this trimester.
If I was a princibal I would change Winter Break by having a class every week day during the break so students can come to learn about a little extra things , and even work on extra credit to start off the new trimester with good grades. That"s what matters most this year! Also, I would make it a week longer so that us teachers can get ready for the students coming back adn so that we got all the paper work and plans laid out and ready.
1: Why I think we get a winter break is because kids need a break sometimes, and when it gets close to Christmas we want to spend time with our family and celibrate.
2:Yes, the winter break does help me. Why? Becaue it gives me and othors a long brain break to rest our minds and bodys.
3:If I was a principal, what I would cange for winter break is that I would give all the students and techers fun activities to do and I would make winter berak longer. Winter break would be from December 17 to January 24 so we could have more fun.
1.If i was the principle for winnter break i would throw in a snowball fight for kids who want to have a snowball fight.Teams will be sorted by if the captians pic you or not.Why i would do this is because us students never get to have snowball fights at scholl because someone will get hert.We cant even pic snow up.It would also be fun to students who want to.
2.We have winnter break because it lets kids brains cool dowjn from all of the learning that goes on in their head and lets there brai rest through the winnter break.
3 Yes winnter break is good for kids because it lets there brain settle.
1. Why I think that we have a winter break is so we have time off frome school and baecause of christmas and family that comes in for christmas and also some students leave to go out of town for christmas so they can viset family members that live in another state or even sometimes another country.
2. what helps me by having a winter break is by having time from school and to get your mind off of school.
3. i was the princible and iwanted to change the winter break i would change the time and make it longer because we would just be getting over the christmas time and the new years time with family and because of some family that still might want to be hear untell our break ends so i would change the time from DECEMBER 17 2011 to JANUARY 17 2011.
what i think to have two weeks off frome school is to celebrate jiss berth day and to go on vacatesin and let are mindes get a rest frome school.Why it helps to have two weeks off frome school is that it lets you rest your mind off all the work that you've been doing over the year.If i was the principal i whoud make winter break longer that's what i whoud doif I was the pincipal.
Nice thinking so far 6th/7th graders!
It sounds like most of you rested over break, and rested your brain too.
Now that we are all here together again I am excited to get back to work, and I hope you are as well.
Stay strong, successful and keep soaring high...
1. I think we have winter break because it gives kids a chance to spend Christmas with their family and then a little break before school comes back around.
2. Yes, winter break helps me because it gives me time to think about what I want to do better at in school. Also, winter break gives students a little time to get good sleep so you are fully awake at school.
3. If I was the principal I would have students come back on either Monday, January, 3 or Monday, January 10th to give the students a full week to learn instead of just 3 days in the first week of school.
That is what winter break means to me and what I would change.
:)Sydney(:
Hey Ms.Garcia and class. Here is my opinion about winter break:
1) I think we have winter break so we can get a break to spend the holidays with our families and so the teachers can have time to relax and spend time with their family.
2) Yes I think winter break helps me. It helps me because I get to have time to be with my family and I get a brain break from school work. Even though I miss my class and going to school, I like the idea of a break!
3.) If I were a principal, I would change winter break by having a 2.5 week break and assigning all students to read at least 2 hours. I know lots are busy during break but they should all try to read 2 hours.
That is my opinion about winter break!
1.The reason why we have winter break is so that we can have time to spend with our famiys and so we can eat candy and play with our presents that we got for christmas.
2.No it doesnt help me because all I do on winter break is sit around and do nothing.
3.I would change winter break buy makeing it longer untell february 1or january 25.
1.I think that we have winter break because if we didnt we wont have Chistmas off and no resting for the next year. Finaley, we wont have time to spend time with our familys. I think thats why we have winter break.
2.I think winter break helps me because i need a break some time during the school year.
3. If i was a principal i would change winter break in to 2 1/2 weeks.
I think we have winter break because Christmas is in the two weeks that we have off, so is new years.
winter break helps me because we need time to rest, play, sleep in late and maybe see family members that come from different states or countries.
if I was the principal I would make there a half day the day we got back because all the students are probably tired and not vary focus.
I think we have winter break because kids can have a break of school and hang out with there family also i think we kids have break is because to stay away from school for awile.
1. I think we have winter break so that the teachers and students can have some time off.It also helps the teachers plan ahead of time so they can have it already for thier children.
2.Yes, it helps me plan for what i want to make better. It also helps me to achive my goals i plan to make myself a better person i want to be.
3.If i were the principal, I would let them have one more week of January. Except, they would have to start on Monday insted of Wensday.
I think kids have winter break is because to have time with are family and its the same time as holodays so we showed have it for those to.I think it helps us because kids can read lots but some kids play viodo games.If i was a princibal i would tell the students they had to read 15 hours are they get held back....
1- Part of the reason we have winter break is so that we can celibrate our beliefes.I think the other reason is so we have a break from school work.
2-In my opinion it does help because if we didn't have winter break we wouldn't have the chance to spend time with family and I also think that if we didn't I might have gone crazy with all the drama!
3- If I were a principal I wouldn't change it at all because I like it just how it is.
Dear Mrs.Garcia,
I think that we have winter break because we should have more time to celebrate Christmas with friends and family and to also celebrate the birth of Jesus.
`Yes,winter break does help in a way because it gives our brains time to relax and it gives teachers time to plan for the second part of the year.
If I were principal how I would change winter break is I would keep it the same because its already long enough and short enough.
Hello Ms.G The reason why I think we have winter break is : to spend time with family and just be with them for Christmas and just feel warm around them even if your perints have to work then u can stay home that’s what I did!!!!!!! ;) :( Yes. the winter break helps in a way because you get to have a break from school and it refreshes your mind. to have a break like for example if your on a diet then you have to have a break or you will not succeed for your goal.
If I was a principal and I would change winter break by making the winter break shorter because if you’re gone to long then you will forge lots of things and CSAP is right around the corner it'll be here before you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would make the winter break from the December 19 to January 4. That was my opinion on winter break. :)
Hello Ms. Garcia the reasion why I think we have winter break is because I get to spend time whith my family on Christmas!!!!!
Yes,it helps me feel great.Also, we have a "rule" in our house, that we have to drink orange juice before opening the presents.
If I were principal I would make winter break shorter because there would be longer days of summer.
1. We have winter break because on the holidays we have to get ready for christmas and new years and have a chance to celebrate those special holidays with our family.
2. Yes I do think winter break helps chidren, because it gives the kids time to visit with their families more. Also since school is in a long time durning the year kids nees that break from school so they could come back to school with bigger brains and a fresh new start.
3.If I was the principle of a school I would make winter break a little longer, but not to long to the point when the students come back and they forgot everything they learned.
Post a Comment