
Use your understanding of the formula for Volume
How?
- Watch "Fernando Explains Volume of Rectangular Prism" video (click on title of this post: Video on Volume)
- Create three equations for volume of rectangular prisms, like so:
- Example: L=2in., W=3in., H=3in. -- 2 x 3 x 3 = V
- Post your length, width, and height values with equations
- Don't give away the product in cubic units...yet!
- Have fun!!!!

18 comments:
1)L=42mmxW=40mmxH=6mm
42mmx40mmx6mm=V
2)L=10ydxW=120ydxH=12yd
10ydx120x12=V
3)L=150cmxW=200cmxH=57cm
150cmx200cmx57cm=V
Amanda,
Did you have a chance to watch Fernando's Video again?
You sure have created some amazing prisms! Great job remembering to add the unit of measurement, like Fernando recommends doing. You have millimeters (mm), yards (yd), and centimeters (cm). Nice!
I can't wait to see who figures them out first
;-))
1.L=6in W=7in H=6in
6in x 7in x 6in =v
2.L=8cm W=8cm H=7cm
8cm x 8cm x 7cm =v
3.L=24in W=25in H=12in
24in x 25in x 12in =v
1}L=54cm.,W=3cm.,H=2cm.
54x3x2=v
2}L=232cm.,W=3cm.,H=2cm.
232x3x2=v
3}L=160cm.,W=2cm.,H=2cm.,
160x2x2=v
1.) L=5cm,W=7cm,H=3cm
5cm x 7cm x 3cm=v
2.) L=15mm,W=1mm,H=9mm
15mm x 1mm x 9mm=v
3.) L=3in.,W=13in.,H=33in.
3in x 13in x 33in
#1.l=6cm w=5cm h=3cm 6x5x3=v
#2.300ft w=100ft h=4ft 300x100x4=v
#3.70in w=4in h=30in 70x4x30=v
1)L=7mx,w=3x,h=5
7x3x5=v
2)L=8m,9m,10m=v
8x9x10=v
3) L=10m,w=9m,h=9=v
10x9x9=v
1) L= 8cm., W= 3cm., H= 6cm.
8x3x6=V
2) L= 9in., W= 2in., H= 5in.
9x2x5=V
3) L= 10ft., W= 2ft., H= 5ft.
10x2x5=V
1.l=1in.,w=82in.,h=2in. 1x82x2=v
2.l=3mm,w=10mm,h=9mm 3x10x9=v
l=8cm,w=5cm,h=10cm 5x8x10=v
1. l=6in w=5in h=10in
6x5x10 =v
2. 10x7x2=v l=10in w=7in h=2in
3. 15x2x4=v l=15cm w=2cm h=4cm
1] L=4ft. W=1ft. H=2ft 4ft x 1ft x 2ft=v
2]L=1ft W=2FT H=3FT 1FT X 2FT X 3FT=V
3]L=9FT W=2FT H=6FT 9FT X 2FT X 6FT=V
Hey every body I am answering Erika's volume questions:
1}6x5x3=9 cm.
2}300x100x4=120,000 ft.
3}70x4x30=8,400 in.
1) 4ft.x1ft.x2ft.=8ft.
2) 1ft.x2ft.x3ft.=6ft.
3) 9ft.x2ft.x6ft.=108ft.
p.s. I answered Cameron's volume of each problem.
1.) 54cm. x 3cm. x 2cm.=324 cm.
2.) 232cm. x 3cm. x 2cm.=1392 cm.
3.) 160cm. x 2cm. x 2cm.=640cm.
P.s I responded to Chessa's questions
1.) 1x82x2=164in
2.) 3x10x9=270mm
3.) 8x5x10=400cm
Those are the answers to the problums.
bye, bye!
I am responding to Elinka's volum problems.
1.3yd x 2yd x 5yd = 30yd
2.8in x 2in x 8in = 128in
3.12ft x 12ft x 12ft = 1,728
I am responding to Haley's volume problems.
1.8x3x6=144cm
2.9in. x 2in. x 5in.=90in
3.10ft. x 2ft. x 5ft.=100ft.
I did Brook's "Rectangular Prisim" paper and these are the answers i got:
1) L=6in W=7in H=6in
6x7x6=252
2) L=8cm W=8cm H=7cm
8x8x7=448
3) L=24cm W=25cm H=12cm
24x25x12=7,200
Post a Comment