08 April, 2012

"Book in a ..." Book Report Project

manilla envelope

  • What stage are you at in your Book Report Project? 
  • Which container will you be using and why?
  • What is the title of your book?
  • I like to call this a character check-in: How is your main character doing? What trait do you admire most and least about the main character in your book? 
  • Lastly, what's your goal for next week? How far along do you want to be in your project?

cereal box

box

bag


oatmeal container
project due week of April 23rd 

18 comments:

readerfreak22 said...

I am actually pretty far in my book report! I have a few more things to do and it has been very over whelming. I work on it ever chance I get but, I had to stop working on it for about 2 days to finish the science project, one thing at a time. The container I am going to use is either an oatmeal container or a shoe box. I really want to use an oatmeal container because it's in a circle shape. A circle shape because it's like showing how the book progresses. Maybe a show box because I need to find a big enough oatmeal container. If I can't fit all of my papers on the oatmeal container it's going to be a shoe box. The title of my book is The Hollow by Jessica Verday. The 4th bullet point is hard to answer because I have finished my book. I want to be finished by next week so I can turn it in!

Ms. Garcia said...

Amaya / readerfreak~~ It sounds like your project is right on track! Also, good job balancing 2 projects at the same time...you are well on the way to being a seventh grader.

Let me know if you need a show box. I don't think I have one here at home so that would mean I need to go out and buy a new pair. Sounds like fun to me!LOL

See ya soon, Birthday gal!

amory said...

I actualy finished my book. Now all i have to do is all the other stuff.My container is a yogert container because to me the container reminds me how the boy acted in the story.my title of the awesome incredibly interesting book is.....STONE FOX! I like my main character because he is young, brave, and ominus. My goal is to get half of my project finished then get the rest done by the 27th of this week.

Anonymous said...

I am really far in my report! i have chosen a shoe box because i have made it into a present.I did that because the book is about 11 birthdays. All i have to do is my summary and the things inside. i have done all six things on the outside. the sad thing is that i had to stop the first book of 11 birthdays. :( i want to read the second book but that will get me confused and write down the wrong information. i finished my science protect before I had to finish my 5th thing. i was sad! i didn't want to stop because it was such a good book. I cant wait to show my book in a... protect.(But can i go last please?) ;)

Ducky77 said...

I my book report, I have finished my book and started my report. I think I am going to use a shoe box because my book, Finally, is about a girl named Rory who is finally turning twelve, the age she has always wanted to be. A shoe box is almost like a birthday present, like in the story. I like the main character because she is very sensitive with a lot of materials like gold and natural products. This weekend, I would like to be finished or be finishing my book report. I really enjoyed my book and can't wait to see everyone elses book reports.

Werewolf said...

I am almost done with the project. I have the questioning, defonitions, the story mountain, 5 artifacts, and the setting drawings are all done.! I am going to use a box or a cereal box not quite sure yet. I am almost done reading Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, I have 7 chapters left to read or something close to that. Jim Hawkins the main character is doing alright but he isn't very smart because he took his companiions food and wandered off alone. A trait i admire is that Jim is brave. But a trait that i dis like is his boldness because he thinks he can handle everything on his own and those thoughts almost got him killed. By the weekend I want to have my project finished! Lastly, i want to add that i like this project and i LOVE my book it is awesome!

Bayly said...

The stage I am at in my report is just finished reading starting on the actual report itself.The title is Half Moon Investigations By Eion Cofler. The main charaecter Fletcher Moon (Half Moon) is very stuburn and tends not to give up I like this about him. I dis like that he jumps to conlusions a little to quick by peoples backrounds. My goal for this weekend is to be done or fairly close to done by the end of this weekend.
-Bayly

Sean said...

I'm on reading it. But this is my second time. I already read it for the project but i'm reading it again to make sure I have all the details. I believe i'm going to use a Tang container. The book i'm reading is Fairest the sequel the Ella Enchanted. Hopefully I can turn it in next week!

ZEBRA!!!!!!!!!! said...

I am actully pretty far I just need to finish 5 chapters of the book.But I still need to make up my mind on a bag or a book cuase I dont have lots of boxes so I'm trying to make up my mind.The tittle of my book is calld "Secretarit" its a really good book. The main character is "Secretarit" and he is really good but just his mouth is hurting becuase his tooth is sore and he hadn't had his teeht flotted in a long time. My goal for my project is to finish the 5 chapters left in my book over this week before next week. I just need one more thing to do is to find a box or bag to finish ny priject.

Ellewood said...

I am almost done with my book report project. My book report is almost done I just need to finish one more thing inorder to heave my project done on time.Plus I only have 5 chapters left to finish the book. I have a box that is dicorated that requiers 5 artifacts inside.(Its a shoe box). Th main charecter of the book is a race horse name "Secretariat" and the horse is fantastic! The one thing I admire the most about "Secretariat" is he is a worlds famous horse. But I just like him cuase he is sweet and kind plus i love horses espically race horses.My goal is to finishthe page i need to finish and add one more artifact to my book report. Besides that I'm doing really well on my book report.

writting king said...

I've finished my book already and my book project. And The main character in the book is jacob fielding. Towards the end he has to "Kill" {not} Ohpelia james.
The container that i am using is a shoe box. Why? cuz i like shoes.
The Title of my book is 13 days to midnight>

Zaley :) said...

My book report is about done I just need to find some thing to put inside of my cereal box. I will be using a cereal box because it is an easy way to show my book report. The main character in my book Amanda. Amanda has the same birthday with this boy and she dislikes him. The title of my book is 11 Birthdays. I really enjoy my book and ill be ready to turn it in. :)

Tallon said...

The stage im in is finishing the papers to put in my container.Im using a oatmeal container because all you have to do is put paper on the outside and its perfect for papers. The book im reading is lawn boy the main charecter in my book is lawn boy he is making alot of money and thats what i admire. My goal for next week is to have all my stuff done and read.

michael said...

Im almost done i would of been done last night but my coomputer does not have a battery and it has to stay plugged in so when my brother went by it got unplugged and i didnt save! Im highly thinking that im going to use a cereal box becuase it is easy to carry and easy to put the artiques in.The title of my book is Alex Rider Scorpia Rising.Alex Rider is a 14 year old now 15 that is a secert agint. the traits i admire about him is he is kind in the story and also brave to do that.Next week i want to be done with my prodject.

Savanah said...

Im actually finished with my book report,and it looks really good!I used a piece of poster bored,and a box,for my report.The title of my book is,P.S. Longer Letter Later.The main character is going through hard times.Her parents are divorcing,and her dad left her.I admire the trait that my character has,bravery.After her parents stopped talking she still cept going strong,and she even got into some extra curricular activities in school!!!

Jack said...

-I have gotten past the glossary and the questions and finished the book, I just need to finish decorating the container.
-Ill be using a shoe box decorated with a ghastly feel to it.My book is The Graveyard Book, so it just fits the book.
-The Graveyard Book
-I cant quite answer this because of being finished with my book.
- The goal for next week is finished and polished so i can turn it in.

Sean said...

I'm working on putting the information on the container. I read Fairest (my book for the project) twice so i could soak up all the details.I'm going to use a Tang container. Hopefully I can turn it in next week

Val said...

In my book report I am almost finished with my book and all of the writing part and props. I still need a container, but I am sure I am going to a tissue box because I want my container to be unique. The title of my book is, "In a Heartbeat". In my story my main character Amelia is doing fantastical,because ever since Amelia was 7-8 years old she has had a heart problem and needed a donor heart. Now that she has one Amelia has Just about fully recovered from her surgery, and is just about ready to go home. I like how Amelia has patients... a skill I will never be able to conquer!! On the other hand, I dislike that Amelia has no real personality because she her pesonalities are just about always differen. My goal for next week on my book is to a grade anywhere from a 3-4. And I want to finish my report by tommorow(Friday) or by this weekend. That's the update on my book report! I can't wait!!;)